Data Security Protection Toolkit DSPT
What is the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT)
- A free, online annual self-assessment of your organisation’s data and cyber security.
- Provides good practice advice and guidance for keeping people’s information safe.
- It is recognised as the official tool to evaluate your compliance with legal requirements, Data Security Standards and good practice.
- It is split into four topic areas: Staffing and Roles, Policies and Procedures, Data Security, It Systems and Devices
- There are two stages to the DSPT:
- Approaching Standards (a stepping-stone level towards full completion)
- Standards Met (fully completed)
- It covers both paper and digital records.
Sign up to Webinars & Workshops
These workshops are for adult social care providers in Kent and Medway. They will help your organisation prepare for registering on, and completing, the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT). No technical knowledge is needed. Please see the webinar and workshop details below to see which ones will be most suitable for you to sign up for.
Webinar & Workshop Information
How to Register – Having trouble registering on the DSPT or want to find out how to? This session will get you started, taking you step-by-step through the registration process and organisation profile, setting up your account to begin using the toolkit. Also includes troubleshooting common problems.
Staffing and Roles – This session will help you to prepare and start answering the questions related to Staffing & Roles in the toolkit. This section includes questions around having a named person responsible for data security and that your induction and ongoing training covers data security and protection.
Policies and Procedures – This session will help you to prepare and start answering the questions related to Policies and procedures in the toolkit. The section includes questions around being registered with the Information Commissioners Office, having data protection policy(ies) in place, and following good practice around retaining records and the destruction of them.
Data Security – This session will help you to prepare and start answering the questions related to Data Security in the toolkit. The section includes questions around having good physical security in place for paper records, plans for what to do in case of an emergency (e.g. losing power or the internet) and managing data breaches well if something does happen. Dates to be added soon.
IT System & Devices – This session will help you to prepare and start answering the questions related to IT Systems & Devices in the toolkit. Having basic IT good practice will cover most of these questions, for example having anti-virus software in place. Dates to be added soon.