Kent Registered Manager Conference – October 2018
03 October 2018 in Maidstone
THANK-YOU! to everyone who attended the second Kent Registered Manager Conference in Maidstone on 03 October 2018. It was great to see so many owners, registered managers, nurses and seniors in attendance, which made it an interactive and exciting day. Also special thanks to our two sponsors Oakhouse Foods and Home Instead Senior Care. Total attendance on the day was 242, demonstrating how the sector values the opportunity for events such as this to keep updated on changes within the care sector, share good practice, network with peers and professionals and visit a variety of stands to view products, equipment, training and support options.
A wide range of speakers at the event included CQC, Diabetes UK, Kent Fire & rescue, KCC’s Corporate Director Penny Southern and Director of Older People & Physical Disability Anne Tidmarsh.
A selection of workshops provided by local and national organisations ensured there was something for all and again were well attended.
CQC’s workshop on Good Leadership and Notifications, was as popular as ever, as was the Royal College of Nursing workshop on Good Leadership, which resulted in comments such as;
- Interesting & thought provoking re. how do I lead? How can I change how I lead? Good discussion, Analogy useful – Nursing Home Manager
- Thought provoking, Like the idea of compassionate in relation to leadership, Leaders sometimes abuse power and use the blame culture
- Food for thought – Reconciliation rather than blame, Analogy helpful
Other workshops included East Kent Coast CCG’s update on the support available to care services in their area, LGBT men and women in residential services, Artist and Activities in residential settings, Medication Projects for homecare services, Positive Behaviour Support for LD services and Advanced Care Planning for end of life care provided by Heart of Kent Hospice.
KCC Occupational therapists and a moving & handling trainer were also present throughout the day via their Moving & Handling Surgery so that managers could seek advice or attend one of their 1hr workshops for equipment demonstrations.
Networking time built into the agenda allowed time to visit the stands in the market place area to discover new products and suppliers and speak with local and national support organisations such as Kent Integrated Care Alliance (KICA) and Skills for Care.
With around 850 registered care providers in Kent and a maximum capacity at the conference of just 250, we ensure that everyone can access all the speaker and workshop presentations below. Why not take a look?
- CQC – Driving Improvement and Kent area update
- Diabetes UK – Diabetes and Care Homes
- Neil Eastwood Sticky People – 5 Simple Things You can Do To Find & Keep Care Staff
- Kent Fire & Rescue – Fire Safety Training & Support
- KCC Penny Southern – Corporate Director Update
- Nick Wilkinson – Prevent & Channel Program
- Anne Tidmarsh – KCC Director of Older People & Physical Disability
- Activity Workshop -Moving Memory & Cubbit
- East Kent CCG – Support for Care Homes
- LGBT – Meting the Needs of LGBT Men and Women in Care Homes
- Royal College of Nursing – Compassionate Leadership
- Heart of Kent Hospice – Advanced Care Planning
- CQC – Good Leadership and Notifications
- Medication – Medication Projects in Homecare
- PBS – Positive Behaviour Support in LD Services
Your feedback is important – Feedback from each event is always considered when planning the next event to ensure that the content provided is what managers really want.
If you have not completed an evaluation yet, please do so and make any suggestions for the next event, just click on the link to complete your evaluation.https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DaJTMjXH_kuotz5qs39fkI89OZhVxbJJsvUt1VnTJx1UNlVBMDNaSDMxMTRGMlhSOEgySVlEUVlaVi4u
The next conference is planned for April 2019 – details will be emailed out in the new Year and we look forward to another great event!
If you are not receiving our mailings on training and events, please email [email protected] so that you can be added to the list.
You can also follow the DLC activities on Twitter – Follow us @KentDLC