Essays are long articles written to deliver knowledge or provide solutions to a problem based on intense research. An academic essay is one such type that focuses on developing content on an argument of research, evidence, interpretation, and analysis.
Students generally come across different kinds of essays which mainly depend on the length, topic, subject, and requirements. Most of these academic essays are argumentative and provide insight into an issue or topic.
- Preparation: This step involves research and practice of an essay outline.
- Writing: Writing any form of the essay needs to set the tone of the argument and involve an introduction, conclusion, and content body
- Revision: proofreading, organization, checking spelling, grammar, and format of an essay is essential in this step.
Preparation for writing
Before writing any article or an essay, it is essential to make sure to have a clear idea of the topic and draft an outline. Therefore, you need to know the topic of your essay, the area of research, a draft of the thesis, and an overview of the essay.
Writing an essay
Generally, when an academic essay is written for online websites, they are focused on the attention span of the user and are divided into three main parts:
- Introduction: It is essential to have a good start for the essay because it sets the tone of the following thousand words, which can gather the reader’s interest. It mainly comprises catchy first lines, background information on the traffic, and the thesis statement.
- Main body: This section of the essay comprises the essentials of the argument for the thesis, its interpretation, and ideas around the argument. The subheadings, lengths of the essay, and its entire structure are decided in this section. The main body also contains the thesis statement and a topic sentence.
- Conclusion: Conclusion is as vital as the introduction, as it concludes and brings all ideas and thoughts together. A good essay comprises at least 10%-15% of a text. It generally contains a return to the thesis tying all the main points and also shows all matters of argument in the text. A great conclusion typically ends with a strong sentence that impacts the reader’s mind.
Qualities of Good Essay Writing
No measurement system qualifies for best essay writing. But, if an essay satisfies these five factors, it is considered a good essay:
- Focus on the main topic of the sentence or the niche
- Development of content with examples, descriptions, and structure
- Unity of topic in each paragraph, without deviating from the subject
- Coherence of flow of content from one topic to another
- Correctness concerning grammar, spelling, and language.
Comments are closed.